The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, June 08, 2007

A Matter of Faith




By Carol Round

Happily Ever After

“For everything that was written in the past was
written to teach us, so that through endurance and the
encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”
Romans 15:4 (NIV)

When I was growing up, I always had my nose in a book
of fiction. I loved the adventure, danger and romance
of a good story. I loved the happily ever after ending
where the sleuths solved the mystery, the handsome
prince rescued the maiden, and they married for life.

Not every story ends happily ever after. Not all
mysteries are solved. Not everyone is rescued from
danger, and in today’s society, not every handsome
prince and his maiden stay together “till death do us
part.”

When I started a Bible study in August 2006, I had
not read the Bible from cover to cover. During my
morning time with the Lord, I read passages, but I had
never attempted to read the 66-book compilation until
I started the study, which ended in May.
Maybe the sheer volume of words that this holy book
contains intimidated me. Maybe the words written by
prophets, kings, apostles and others were too much for
my human mind to comprehend until I walked with my
fellow study members through the pages one at a time.

Since going through this study, I have learned many
truths that have helped me to grow in my walk with the
Lord. Inspired by God, this book is more than history.
It is the true story of God’s love for all people. The
Bible is an account of God’s promised deliverance and
freedom for all who obey.

As I have read, studied and contemplated the words of
“the greatest story ever told,” I have gained strength
for my journey through life because this best-selling
book of all times is the believer’s instruction manual
for daily living.

God’s Word is available to you every day. The power
of those words can change lives. It is an owner’s
guide to help you handle your finances and have better
relationships. Do you need help breaking a bad habit
or addiction? Do you need an attitude change toward a
family member or friend? Do you need to learn more
patience with your children? If you need more joy and
less stress in your life, then the Word can heal.

Like a fairy tale, the Bible begins with the words
“In the beginning.” However, unlike a story of
fiction, the Bible is, described in 2 Timothy 3:16-17,
“God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking and
correcting and training in righteousness, so that the
man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good
work.”

The Bible can help you answer many questions. As you
turn the pages, you can discover where you came from,
why you are here and where you are going. More
importantly, the Bible’s lessons teach you who God is
and how you can live with Him forever.

Living forever with Him means living “happily ever
after.” It isn’t fiction. It’s the truth.

A collection of Carol Round’s most popular faith-based
columns is now available in book form. For more
information, readers can reach her at
carolaround@yahoo.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home