The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Canine Corner...By Missy MacTavish

Those dratted Zebras showed up at the most important football game of the year, which this year was the Non Super Bowl. I have seen my share of dog calls but these took the cake. I think next year they should change the rules and eliminate zebras altogether.
The players can be honest and call penalties on themselves, just like golfers do.
Imagine the big 280 pound brute getting up after dropping the ball and admitting "Oops, I dropped the ball and it is a no catch."
Or, "I slugged the left tackle in the face and I'm calling a 15 yarder on myself."
Or, "I was looking at the really hot cheerleader on the sidelines and sliced the kickoff out of bounds and that's a 15 yarder on me."
Just a suggestion…
Anyhoo, the big game was ruined this year and Seattle would have won if not for the zebra calls.
On another subject, thanks to those Grovidians who got their cars washed last week and made it rain. We need to do it again.
Until next time, Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home