The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, January 27, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish



Well, the Tulsa Boat and Travel Show is safe this year. Mom scheduled a vacation so that Dad will be out of town for the entire event. Dad cannot walk past a boat without panting. He has bought and sold more boats on Grand Lake than Ugly John.
Me? I will be in Jail. Maybe I can get some rest. These long walks every morning are killing me but my parents need the exercise. I have to put them on a leash to keep them on the street, as they tend to wander off to look for lost golf balls.
I read in the paper that during the big draught in the 50's there was a five-year-old kid that had never heard thunder.
I'm beginning to think we are never going to get rain. I noticed that it usually rains after a car wash, so I have set Friday, Jan. 27, as the date that everyone in Grove should get their car washed…and then it will rain within 48 hours. If it does rain, you can thank me with your donation. And, I'm looking forward to my friend Champ Miller returning to Grove.
His parents bought him a big bus so he can travel with them. Isn't that nice.

Remember, next week there will be no Grove Observer...I won't be able to get to a computer in Jail.
Until next time…Miss Missy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the idea of mass car washes can't hurt in order to get rain. Miss Missy Noel has a great idea !!!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home