The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, January 20, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish

Well, really bad news this week. My friend Sailor down the street is going on vacation with her parents to snow ski someplace between here and where Santa Claus lives.
I really like snow. I like to run in it and stuff my nose in it. But it is really tough around here this year. I haven't seen anything wet in months, except for the bathtub.
To make things worse, I have heard my Mom and Dad talking and it appears that I am not going on vacation with them, but instead, to JAIL!
This is really frustrating because I really hate that place. Nothing but a bunch of barking dogs.
They take me out in the exercise yard twice a day, just like real prisoners. I get to eat my normal meals but there is no place like home. My parents don't trust me to stay home alone while they go off to some exotic location in the tropics.
I heard again from my friend Champ Miller in Florida who is playing in the sand on the beach.
Perfect.
Is there anyone out there who will adopt me so I don't have to go to jail and can go on vacation like my friends?
Until next time...Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home