The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, July 21, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish

Sad to say, you can't see my photo this week but trust me, I am a dog. I have been on vacation the past several weeks due to stress and itchy feet so I have been unable to provide my usual column.
The reason my picture is not here is that our wireless connection at Green Country Internet is not working. Their billing service is working, as we get a bill for $49 each month for no service. Our neighbor down the street gets service, but pays only $30 since Wavelynx is giving Green Country competition from the radio on the Vista Towers on Monkey Island.
Makes sense to me: Pay $49 for no service, or $30 for good service. It's the American Way.
I am going to start my own internet service, called Dog Do. It will be for dogs only, however, and you won't be able to translate the barking sounds into words. You will be treated politely, if you call, and given help if you need it, and not overcharged for not having service. What an idea.
In the meantime, Bark On! and be nice to your pet…Miss Missy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The service took a dive about a year after Merle Tinney sold the company to a bunch out of Phoenix.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home