The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, June 23, 2006

Help Wanted: City Manager

At a special council meeting last Friday the requirements were outlined for the now open position of Grove City Manager. Deadline is Aug. 31 for application.

Qualifications:
A master's degree in public administration with a minimum of five years experience in city government is required.
Strong experience in capital improvement projects, public utilities management and union negotiations is a must.
Candidate shall be a member of International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
Candidates must be of good character and reputation and consent to pre-employment screening including prior employment, criminal/civil and credit history.

We should add:
Should be able to bail out in case of voter approval of change of form of government to strong mayor/council.
Thick skin, probably Teflon coated Titanium, recommended.
Ability to read minds a plus.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart comments aside, the new Grove City Manager should be able to communicate with parties, who have different views on how Grove should move forward and grow. This person should be able to choose what is best for the betterment of Grove, and not the wishes of a precious few. That is what this city needs.

From what I understood, this news source was supposed to be an alternate to the Grove Sun. The more I read it, I don't really see a difference between the both of them. You own it, do what you want, but you have no credibility with me.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Editor said...

We agree with your first comment; we don't agree with your second.
Obviously you have never spent time working at a newspaper; it is next to impossible to please everyone. There is a difference; employees at the other paper get paid, I do not.
The Editor

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud your efforts in putting out this paper with no compensation. I apologize. I may have chosen too strong of words, in regards to your credibility. I was very excited, when I first heard the Grove Observer was going to be an alternative to the Grove Sun. I absolutely know that the Grove Sun is totally biased in their reporting and what they "choose" to report on. I only want to have a paper that will tell "all" sides to a story and report on "all" news worthy items. I know the Grove Sun won't report on anything that makes their "friends" look bad. I admit I have read more fair news in your paper than what I read in the "Grove Fraud (Sun)".

Just to make it clear, I am not with the people that want to change the Grove city government. I just am a citizen who wants all this petty bickering, between the different groups, to end and to have everyone work towards making Grove the success it can and will be.

Again, I apologize for my previous comments, and no, I have never spent time working in a newspaper. Delivered many papers, in my youth, if that counts.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home