The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, February 24, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish


This week I received my first letter to the editor, from my friend Champ whose parents have a nice motorhome that she can travel in. My parents are poor and can't afford anything like that.
So, here's the letter:

Missy, so happy to see you have been released from prison. It certainly is better to be able to run around your back yard. I have returned to Grove as Mom and Dad decided it was time to come back home. Big surprise for them was jury duty notice when they opened their mail. On our way home we stopped in Springdale and picked up my cousin Dino so he could spend some quality time in Grove.

This past weekend we were surprised to find our favorite fireplugs and trees surrounded by something white and cold. It was fun to run around in it burying my nose in the stuff. But for some reason after we relieve ourselves it turns yellow. That's all for now...I enjoy reading your column in The Grove Observer.
Your four legged friend, Champ Miller

On that note mentioning snow, I like to watch my big screen TV but those crazy stations in Tulsa shrink the picture down to half the size, with two or three logos and school closings that go on and on and on all day. I'm not in school so who cares! Just assume everything is closed if it snows and move on. There was one station that had 3 different crawls going on at the same time, flooding the regular program. I don't pay for programming to have to watch closings all day. Now, I feel lots better having gotten that off my small chest.

Until next time...Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home