The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, January 13, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish



I saw this TV weatherman on Fox, based in Pennsylvania, late in December who said that between Jan. 10 and Jan. 20 the weather patterns in Oklahoma would be changing and that we would get rain and snow.

So on Jan. 10 it rained and snowed! Isn't that fantastic?

This nice man should be promoted and maybe he should come to Oklahoma where most of our weather people give the forecast as "I don't know." Weather is important to me as I need to know whether or not to grow more hair for my winter coat.

My Dad had a birthday last week but he won't say which one. It's a big number though. I gave him a dozen new golf balls to lose. He always says that they are not lost, just missing because someone will find them eventually. Mom comes in with a dozen old balls every time she goes out of the house. We have a neighbor down the street at my friend Sailor's house that has over 4,000 old balls in his garage but he still looks for his lost ball anyway. His house is about to fall down from the weight.

Old balls never die, they just get dimples.

My doggie friends down the street have an electric fence in the backyard and last Saturday night the high winds blew down the fence and started a big grass fire in the neighborhood that burned completely around one house and part of the golf course. The dogs said they were not to blame.

Good thing the wind was going the other direction or I might not be here to write this column.

Please send me questions for "Ask the Dog" as featured in last week's paper. I did get an email from my friend Champ Miller who is in Florida getting a tan. I appreciate letters from doggie friends. As always, Miss Missy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home