The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, October 14, 2005

This Week's Restaurant Review

By Sam L. Smithers
Chief Restaurant Reviewer

It was Tuesday and one of those kind of evenings. We felt like belting down some ribs and where else can you climb in a crib and eat ribs but the Rib Crib.
Tuesday is All You Can Eat Rib Night at the Rib Crib for $9.99 plus you get all the sides you want to try as well. What a deal.
Our server named Katie was a perky little person who explained all the other specials and stuff but my mind, and stomach, were made up.
Then comes the server with three ribs. Now mind you the four-rib dinner sells for $11 and change so I knew if I could just get enough ribs I would score big time on this deal. So I asked for another cow if they could put one on, and they said they had enough already in the smoker to keep me happy.
I mixed the regular and high test sauce together for a bit of added pleasure and dug in. The ribs were tender and cooked just right, not overdone or burned up as some are. I got another three, and another three, and then I lost count. I had to get a used rib plate for the bones as my platter was filling up.
I tried the slaw, beans and okra and two glasses of iced tea also.
It became apparent that my "all you can eat night" had got up and went. I was full.
My dinner companion had the chicken tender salad with the honey mustard dressing, which is all she ever gets no matter where we eat. There are some chickens missing somewhere.
We recommend Tuesdays at the Rib Crib, as long as the ribs hold out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home