The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, October 14, 2005

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish



Wow! They have this new thing in Oklahoma called Scratch N Sniff, I think....or maybe it is just Scratch. Has something to do with the Oklahoma Lottery. I can certainly participate in the scratch as I am well practiced.

Anyway, the first day of this lottery thing they sold $2.2 million in scratch off tickets. Imagine that. Enough money I hear, to build the 18th Street project in Grove.

I've got to get me some of these scratch tickets. If I won some money I would buy me a new kennel to stay in when my folks leave town. They seem to have a demand for such a place here. I would have a country club type kennel with all sorts of play areas, games, and fake people standing around, maybe even some fireplugs. The food would be five-star with all kinds of treats and we would get headphones to protect our ears from the other barking dogs.

We would get bathed and brushed every day and get to run around a lot. So if I win the scratch thing that is what I will do with the money. I would name it Animal House.

Now, if you win any money in the scratch thing I hope that you will donate it to me as a contribution to build Animal House.

Until next time...have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home