The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, September 30, 2005

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish


It's Football Season! This is one of my favorite times of the year, when I can get my Dallas Cowboys shirt on and run amock during the TV games.
I just dread Mondays though. When the Cowboys (not the ones in the halloween costumes) and OU both lose, misery spreads around the house like poison ivy. Dad gets in a real funk. Lately he has been in a semi-funk, as OU just has not been able to beat up anyone, and the Cowboys are 2 and 1 for the season.
But the season is young, as they say, and we have plenty of time left. Fall is coming, the leaves will be turning, and I can sleep with my window open and listen for deer, skunks (the four legged ones) and other wildlife. It is very quiet at night where I live, not like my last place with airplanes flying overhead every two minutes.
Mom and Dad went out of town last weekend and put me in what is called a "kennel."
Not good. The place was lousy with dogs, can you imagine, all running around barking at nothing. I got no sleep at all. The food was worse than Lenny's. Hair was all over the floor and it was too hot. Boy was I ever glad to see my folks come pick me up. I wish they wouldn't leave me at a place like that. I think they should just stay home!
Until next time, have a nice day...Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home