The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, September 23, 2005

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish



What I want to know is, why do they drain the lake down to sow millet seed to encourage ducks to come around, and then have hunters go out in the Fall and shoot them down?

Otherwise, it has been a good week.

Here are some of my pet peeves about humans:

Don't yell at me for barking...I'm a dog!

Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is it anyway?

Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you are not at home.

The slight of hand..fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What a proud and great moment for the top of the food chain.

Taking me to the vet for shots and then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back there.

Getting upset when I sniff your guests parts. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered the handshake thing yet.

Dog sweaters. Have you noticed my fur? Give me a break.

So I leave you with this thought: The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaire as "primary resident," even if it's true. Until next time, Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home