The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, October 27, 2006

The Canine Corner...



I was neglectful in telling my readers about my trip to Spud City, Idaho, several weeks ago and for that I do apologize. I have been busy catching up on my emails since my return.

First, the trip was great. I had my own reserved seat in the coach section of the car, my water bowl, food, and an occasional blurb of radio as we crossed the wide open spaces of Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and into the mountains of Idaho where the spuds were being harvested. Mom even brought back a load.

The trip out was uneventful except that when we went through Wyoming, Dad kept asking the service station men where Brokeback Mountain was. I don't recommend asking that question in Wyoming. A big burly man chased Dad out of the station with a tire iron.

We went by a big wind farm near Arlington, WY. that had 200 of those big propellers that can make two megawatts of electricity each. We should get one of those for Grove and put it in front of City Hall, for all the wind that comes out on Tuesdays.

I visited my two cousins, Mocha Jo and Kipenzi, who came over from Africa and is known as the African Queen. Her name in Swahili means Precious.

On the way home we went through Salt Lake City and Moab, to see the big red rocks, and drove from Cortez, CO. all the way to Grove in a single day, 16 hours with about five stops for you know what. I don't recommend doing that again. Dad said the Weatherford Braum's had the best burgers he had eaten in a while. I got the ice cream.

That's about all for my travel report. One more thing: I read that the County Commissioners appointed some people to fix the overcrowded jail problem. My solution is to put lots of police out on the streets and when they see a crime in progress, they shoot the criminal. No more lengthy trials. That would end the overcrowding problem.

One more thing: Remember to get up at 2 a.m. Saturday and set your clocks back an hour to 1 a.m. since we are going off Daylight Savings Time. Now I can get my morning walks in on daylight.

Until next time, Bark On! Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home