The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, August 04, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish



I have been working on my vacation plans and a trip to Spud City, Idaho to see my canine cousins and ran across an interesting situation.

It seems that some Best Western Hotels accept pets, which is nice for me since I don't want to sleep in the car all night with critters crawling around. However, in addition to charging me $15 a night, some require that I sleep in a smoking room with my parents who are non smokers also. This is an individual decision based on the manager of each Best Western.

My nose is about a hundred times more powerful than two leggers' noses and smoke drives me crazy. I don't understand this policy of some Best Westerns which I now call Worst Westerns. (not to be confused with old movies).

If they want to mess with my health then I don't need them. I am cleaner than most of their customers anyway, who come in drunk, disheveled, throw up on the walls and bring in women in fancy clothing. So there.

Until next time, Bark On! Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home