The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, March 17, 2006

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish

Well the OU Women's basketball team plays in the big tournament this weekend and my friend Sailor and I watched them play last week when Sailor's mom was out of town. Her mom won't let her watch TV, she says it is habit forming.
Anyway, as we watched this game the other team would foul one of the OU ladies on purpose, at the other end of the court, knowing that she was pretty bad at free throws.
This went on and on but finally the OU girl got revenge and made four baskets in a row.
Sailor and I think this is really an unfair tactic and a penalty should be called on anyone who fouls another player knowing they can't shoot worth a hoot. Since I'm kinda short I don't play basketball myself but I watch the tall people that play the game. I'm more into tennis.
So to all my doggie friends out there, enjoy the tournament.
Bark on...Miss Missy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home