The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, September 02, 2005

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish


The other day I was watching a golf tournament on TV with Dad and some announcer said the guy was playing like a dog.
I resent that! How does he know how dogs play? Personally I've never seen a dog play golf so I don't think announcers should make statements like that on TV.
Maybe he should have said the guy played like a TV announcer.
How many of them do you see hitting the ball on Saturdays and Sundays after the cut is made?
Some don't even try anymore...they just sit in their air conditioned booths high in the trees above the greens criticizing the golfers out their windows. There are a few that still can play well, but we all know that there have been a few that didn't even play the game.
I really like their shows though, as it makes for great sleeping. They talk real quiet like, in hushed tones, and I can get in my afternoon naps without a lot of noise.
Until, of course, I hear someone making comments about playing like a dog.
Glad I got that off my small chest...see you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home