The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, September 16, 2005

The Canine Corner, by Missy MacTavish

I've been itching (pardon the pun) to talk about several subjects that are bothering me this week. First, there are the cell phones. I think people should be arrested for DWP (driving while phoning). Studies show that these people are just as dangerous as those who drink. I can plainly see this as I drive around with my head hanging out the window.
This is especially troublesome in Grove because the cell phone service is really bad. You have to keep dialing up all the time.
Also, here are some things that my dog friends do that you can also think about doing, as people:
--Take naps daily, and play a lot.
--Eat with gusto and enthusiasm, even if you don't like the food.
--Avoid biting your partner when a simple growl will do.
--Delight in the simple joy of a long walk and when it's in your best interest, practice the art of obedience.
--When you are happy, dance around and sway your whole body.
--No matter how often you are scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout--run right back and make friends.
--Never pass up the opportunity to ride in the golf cart, allowing the fresh air and wind in your face for pure ecstasy.
Until next time, be nice to each other. Miss Missy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my neck of the woods we call the swaying of a canine body "noodle dancing". I find it to be quite fun and I think my owners enjoy dancing along with me.
-Posted on behalf of Sunday (the dog) by her owner.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home