The Grove Observer

A weekly newspaper for Grove and Grand Lake residents. Published every Friday. If you have news, email us at groveobserver@yahoo.com or fax (918) 791-0206. Copyright 2007. No reproduction without consent of the author.

Welcome to The Grove Observer...a weekly newspaper serving Grove and the Grand Lake area. If it's news, we'll cover it. You also have the opportunity to comment on our newspaper via your own posts. We publish every Friday and hope that you enjoy this increased coverage of events around Grand Lake. Send our web address to your friends as well.

Editor & Publisher: Jim Mills



Friday, August 19, 2005

The Canine Corner...by Missy MacTavish


Hello folks. Welcome to my first column, where I give a dog's eye view of what's going on around the lake. Note that my mode of transportation does not use gasoline, as I cannot afford it anymore!
First, my overall observations: Since moving to this area a couple of years ago I have noticed that people here fight like the Hatfield's and McCoy's.
People are always fighting over little things, or people. Personally, I enjoy the area not having to deal with big trucks and lots of traffic and noise.
One would think that we could all get along, like I do my animal pals like sweet Sailor.
Up in the pasture there is this huge black bull, who has adopted a small brown calf. The calf told me that it had lost its' mother but the big bull was taking good care of her. Across the road is another pasture where my two horse friends live, Buck and Shasta. They are such good friends you never see them apart. I take them apples and some sugar cubes and they really like that. They are brother and sister I think.
In still another pasture my friend Bo lives. Bo is a donkey or mule, I can't figure which.
But he really likes apples and carrots and comes running across the pasture for his nightly treat. We talk a lot, about Grove and its problems but he doesn't seem to care much.
So if the animals can live without getting all stressed, why can't the two leggers?
I leave you with this thought: Why do they have fleamarkets on the roads, when I get can all the fleas I want for free? Until next time, Missy MacTavish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home